best speaker in a small room in the $2000.00 range

I know this is a mater of taste but I wanted to hear some suggestions. My room is small...11x14 with wall to wall carpet. I don't listen to rap or heavy metal. I lean towards vinyl over cd's....I have a Mcintosh 2205 amp and a Mcintosh mx117 with a VPI Scout/Benz Micro glider as a frount end.....any thoughts? I have Paradigm studio 80's rev 1 right now and want to inprove on that.
thanks, Dean
dean_fuller
You could stretch your budget a little and get Totem Hawks. They are a little more refined than the Sttaf. I have a similar room. I upgraded from Paradigm 60V2s.
Hi Perkadin....The Paradigms are not bad. I would most like to see a much better sound stage. In my mind they do not do a great job at disapearing in the room. I like the sound of electrostatics for that reason but with my room...well...that I think is the problem. That being said, I rent so buying to fit this room may not be the smartest thing either. My job moves me a lot and who knows my next place may have a much larger room. Its a tough call...do you buy to fit a temporary place or buy what you want and hope one day you find the right room???
You don't want to BLAST them to sound ALIVE!
How about a pair of speakers that can sound
alive and lively at a volume level of only 70db's.

carolinaaudio.com
JTM's