Looking for All-a-round speaker $3k range

Any sugg on what type of speaker is best suitable for all a round listening, including bands such as U2, Pink-F, Dave Mathews, The Red Hot Chile Peppers, Barry White, Hip-hop, old Disco etc.. There are so many brands yet very limted dealers in the Miami area.

Thank for the help.

Adolfo
adolfo
I would strongly recommend Zu Cable's Druid: I auditioned the Definition recently (above your price range) and they rock out, great quality and very under priced. The Druid's are in your price range: great thing about both are very high sensitivity so you have felxibility with amps.

Another would be Anthony Gallo's Reference. Fantastic and again extremely good and competitive at its price.

In fact I have made the same two recommendations to a friend who is embarking on setting up his two channel system: first foray into the high end. Both in mind are giant killers though sound very different.
For a great all around speaker that lets you hear the music and not the speaker, check out the Von Schweikert audio line. If your budget can extend to the JR4's, that would give you an excellent base for your music.
Without a doubt I fully recommend Usher speakers in the 6000 series. They are simply awsome for all that kind of music. The only thing I have no personal experience with "yet" is classic music. I'm looking into getting some soon but wanted to wait for my new Teres turntable built before I delve into better quality music than classic rock and jazz. My Usher 6371 performs up to par to the Sonus Faber Domus Piano speakers. Big, balanced and full sounding. More detail than the Sonus Fabers but a little brighter so far. Still only have 60 hours on them.
Funny thing is. They don't sound bright when I play Nora Jones. I think they are truthfull to the source. My bright japanese LP's sound bright. Well mastered LP's sound like they should. Not bright at all. But then again. I don't like the laid back sound of the Vandersteens I auditioned. I bet people that like and are used to the Vandersteens would think the Ushers are bright.
Hennryhk: How would you describe the difference between Druids and Gallo's, esp for classical?
Agree Merlins are o.k. but only a two way, not good for music needing full range speakers, and they are way overpriced. Plus, they sound their best only with expensive tube gear.

You can do WAY better for the $$.