Merlin VSM-MM v. VSM-MX

I've searched the Merlin webpage, the Agon archives and Google for the answer to this question, but couldn't find one. So if you know of a thread, please direct me to it.

Otherwise, my question is (and forgive me for my ignorance):

Besides the premium gloss finish, what are the differences between the VSM-MX and the VSM-MM? I'm interested in hearing about both technical/engineering differences and noticeable audio differences.

Also, I've heard that the different wiring harnesses optimized for tubes or for SS (as discussed in a footnote on the Merlin price list page) is no longer an issue with the MM/MX. Is that true?

Thanks much.
coffee_nudge
Phil
I'm sure you meant to say that you had your SE's upgraded to Milleniums.
agreed tab110, millenniums have ss or tube harnesses and the mm and mx share the same crossfield litz harness that is quite superior in sound on both ss and tube.
b
You're right Tabl10s...I meant plain old "M".

See...I'm so content with my Merlins that I don't even know what upgrades are out there anymore. :-)

Phil
I'll add my 3 cents to the mix also...over the past 32 years in this hobby I too have owned an awful lot of varied speaker brands...With my new MM's (2005)..the hunt is finally done...Bobby is a great guy to work with and gives spot on honest advice...very appreciated for this hobby...thanks for the great speakers b.....