2way speaker recommendations

Which 2 way loudspeakers sound best to you? All music is listened to. Price range below $10,000.
seadogs1
You will get lots of different recomendations. I recently listened to Wilson Sophia's and Krell Res 2, both worth an audition but I settled on Von Schweikert VR4SR's and am awaiting delivery. Also have heard great things about Wilson Bensch ACT. All of the above are under 10K new or used.
Merlin VSM-MX. A highly reliable, transparent, natural sounding speaker that serves as a reference speaker for many manufacturers. From a small company with an unparalleled level of support.
Search threads here or read all the reviews on audioreview.com Cheers,
Spencer
Intuitive Design Summits. Utterly phenomenal beyond all possible belief, and yet virtually unknown among even most "hard core" audiophiles. I've reviewed them here on Audiogon. I believe that they probably sound even better than the OLD, 3 box version of the Audio Physic Calderas, although I'd love to do a shootout someday on my system. I thought that they sounded better--by a considerable margin--than any of the following speakers, all of which sounded great in their own right: Totem Winds, Paradigm S8's, Paradigm Studio 100 V 3's (which I owned for about a year), Aerial 7B's, JM Lab Micro Utopia Be, Totem Tabu, and whatever the Induction Dynamics 3000 dollar monitor is called.

If you JUST buy the speakers and the Path Stand System, it's about 5000 dollars. If you get the monoblock amplifiers, which are built into the stands but which "float" within that enclosure so as to avoid resonance, then add about 4200 or 5100 dollars, depending on whether you decide on the "high current" version. Those amplifiers are probably better than the old Essence Emeralds, which were something like 10,000 or more, I believe.
I'll second the Merlin VSM-MX recommendation from Sbank. I think the Merlins may be about as good as you will ever find in a 2-way floorstander. I definitely was extremely impressed when I heard them a couple months back. Worth every penny Bobby charges for them, IMO.

---Dave