Anyone try Townshend Super Tweeters?

I have a speaker using modded titanium tweeters,going flat to 25 khz.Very good air and detail.However I did hear the Townshends once,used above a silk dome(the main speaker was a Sonus Faber Extrema),with incredible results.Truthfully,to me,the best high freq transducers seem to "still" be ribbons.I'm contemplating giving the Townshends a try.

Any thoughts?
sirspeedy70680e509
Any decent ribbon tweeter will work well as super tweeters.I use Fountek JP2s with 1 or 0.5 mF caps.Other friends use Ravens or Fostex.Some attenuation using resistors may be required.
Many of the high priced super tweeters look like rip offs to me.This is not rocket science.

JT
I hope some of you guys can elaborate on the following.I originally heard the Townshends on a speaker who's high end stopped at 17khz.They were th Sonus Faber Extremas,and were a fabulous match.The Sonus really benefited by the addition.STUNNING highs,and a great speaker overall.

Well,in truthfulness my own speaker is ruler flat(plus/or minus 1.5 db)to 25khz.It has superb air,yet there is a trend in the industry to go to tweets that seem to go into the "only bats can hear it" domain.I am sceptical of anything we cannot quantify,with our own ears,but still feel that,rather than consider the "buy and sell syndrome",it's smarter(and cheaper)to use technology(like a good sub,or ribbon supertweet)to my advantage,since I have come to really love my current speakers.Thus, the possibility of an add on tweeter,to compliment my current,excellent,Titanium dome.I don't rule out if this is overkill,but will weigh a final decision.Thanks.

Best!
Albert Von Schweikert highly recommended Fountek 3" ribbon super tweeters to me. For $81 apiece I purchased them through Madisound and installed them a couple weeks ago. I added a couple quality Hovland capacitors, 5 feet of wire, banana plugs and off we go. Improved imaging and coherence struck me first. Oddly, it wasn't so much the extended highs as it was the tightness through the entire music spectrum. I can't compare the Fountek's to the competition but for the price and Von Schweikert's recommendation I'm very happy.
my own speaker is ruler flat(plus/or minus 1.5 db)to 25khz
If you're -3db @ 20-25kHz the only reason to boost your hi freq is if the room is damped: the wavelength at 20kHz is very short, so average thickness material will absorb...
Assuming you want a HF spl boost, use a 1st order & cut higher rather than lower. The good thing is that the s-tweet's upper resonance will be too high (~100Khz) to be significant in the audible spectrum as its effects daisy-chain downward.
But there, you'll need a Murata or a Tad (or Townshend/Tannoy -- but they're very expensive). There is also a FOuntek s-tweet that's priced logically. The Fountek mentioned above is a normal tweet (37kHz) and will only boost your audible hi-frequencies.
Measure yr main spkrs' power rating & make sure you equalise the s-tweet accordingly. Also make sure you place it correctly on the same vertical acoustic plane as the tweet while you're at it -- or you'll be out of phase with the tweet!
Cheers
So,Gregm--Based on my set-up,in a dedicated room,with some acoustical damping(only to cut out any glare,and the room does have a wonderful,natural sound),do you think my idea is overkill.I,personally have NO problems with my current high freq presentation,but thought that if I added a super tweeter,it would level the playing field,with the "berylium/diamond dome" crowd.If there really is an audible advantage,to them.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!