Speaker recommendations in the $3,500-$4,000 range

I'm in the market for a good, full-range speaker for simple stereo listening. I have an Anthem TLP-1 preamp, and will probably get an anthem amp to drive the speakers as well. I'd like full-range speakers (where no sub is needed)...and my budget will be between $3,500-$4,000.

I just finished mastering a CD at MasterMix in Nashville, so I've spent 12 hours in front of the finest PMC monitor system in the US...so that is point of reference. Thanks for any input!!!
clay49
Zu Druids

$2800 and Zu will allow you a 60 day in home demo. The only thing out of pocket is the shipping.

They go down to 40 Hz, but it is clean and detailed. They throw a huge soundstage, and are very easy to mate with different electronics. See the review on 6moons.com

Cheers
Clay: Forget the dealers and look to the audiophile community. We love one another's company, show off our gear, exchange opinions. See if there is a club in area. If not, start one. :) Otherwise, just spread the word, through A'gon and other such forums, requesting people to let you hear their speakers. Once you get yours, offer similar hospitality to others. That's the way! Good luck, keep posting your experience as you progress.
Okay...I'm officially overwhelmed!!! I've spent sometime on the web looking at the sites for these wonderful speakers you guys have suggested.

Looks like a book-shelf-type, near-field monitor with decent bass is going to be best for my situation (as you all have commented given my set-up).

Does anyone have any experience with the Paradigm Signature series? In particular the S4? I like the looks and the specs on paper aren't bad (91 dB Sensitivity, Low frequency extension is 36 Hz (DIN)...what is that and what does it mean??? can it really hit 36Hz??

I'd love to hear from any Paradigm fans who may have heard these....thanks!
The Paradigm S4's are great value - this is an excellent speaker. They are about 6 db down at 40 Hz which is excellent for a bookshelf. Some find they sound a bit bright in the top end (this may reflect off your desk). The mid range is known for its excellent clarity.

Paradigm are a serious engineering company which design and make their own drivers.

You won't go wrong with those.
Any thoughts on Dynaudio Contour 1.3SE as opposed to the newer 1.4s? I see some Contour 1.3SEs available and was wondering if anyone has compared the two....