AV Receiver recommends

I started researching receivers last year. The only place I could actually audition any of them was at the Magnolia room (Best Buy) and they tend to push you towards the Pioneer D Class Amps. Not that anything is wrong with them I actually like the Pioneer SC-91 that just came out.

I wanted to get the boards consensus though before going that route. I think the AV receiver is my next purchase.

Again, I am running a 5.1 system with B&W CM1's all around, Sony XBR-55HX950 TV, JBL-150 (pending upgrade) and my 15 year old Yamaha AV.

Are there other recommendations outside the Pioneer D Class series? I'm sorta an Apple guy so iPhone, iTunes, Apple TV integration is always a plus.
thx-333
My Onkyo TX-SR876 has performed flawlessly for the last 7-8 years.
It sounds freakishly good on movies but just average for 2-channel audio.
I would buy Onkyo again without hesitation.
I have a Denon AVR X3100. I love it. Integrates well with my apple. Use good HDMI cables....(Wireworld)
I liked the Anthem a lot better than either the Arcam or Cambridge and I like the fact that Anthem is part of Paradigm and I could avail myself of its service network were I ever to encounter an issue.
I, too, like the Anthem products. I would investigate Anthem, Arcam, Cambridge, and Marantz. You should be able to find a very good receiver in that crowd...

-RW-
I ended up with Arcam AVR400. Using with Monitor Audio speakers, but demo 'd it with B&W M1 and PM1 mini monitors and it just killed comparably priced NAD or Marantz IMHO. Sounded absolutely terrific with the revealing PM1's. I have longer term experience with Onkyo and Pioneer, with no reliability problems to report with either. Would steer towards more audiophile solutions listed above (Anthem, Arcam, Cambridge, NAD) if that is your priority. Big Japanese brands have lots of bells and whistles if that is more important.

kn