Pondering a pair of Klipsch La Scalas

There is a beautiful pair of "classic" La Scalas for sale in the classifieds (http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1137595321). I have recently acquired a Mcintosh c28 pre-amp,2100 amp, mr77 tuner and I am looking for a good pair of speakers to match. The fact that these speakers are of the same vintage is asthetically pleasing. Does anybody have an opinion on how my system will sound thru them?
snakenuckles
I have a fellow from the Klipsch forum custom making me a pair....heh heh heh. I do not have corners, so I am using 1 or 2 15" woofers, ALK custom wood midrange, JBL tweeter, all drivers are Klipsch Alnico. Deano from the forum is building the crossovers, all internal wire will be highend, with cardas binding posts, they should be about 102Db. Sure hope they come out right.

OTOH, I agree about either the Khorn, Cornwall, Chorus, vs. the Lascala with subs.JMO
I would recommend that you also look at th Klipsch Legend series: KLF-20 and KLF-30 (not the KLF-10). Much smaller footprint and just a hell of a speaker. I have the 20's for HT and Klipsch Chorus II's for 2 channel. Both are really great speakers.

I have the Chorus II's matched with a Plinius 8100 integrated amp (for SS listening) and an Eico hf-81 integrated amp (for tube listening). The KLF-20's I have are matched with Sunfire gear.

All of these combinations sound outstanding. Klipsch doesn't work well with Krell and Adcom.

Like the others have said, if you want Klipsch speakers, the upgrades are absolutely a must.

Mike
We used to use LaScalas as my fraternity house party room speakers. It was by far, the best sounding PA on campus. We would also put them outside during day parties and it was amazing how loud they could play yet still sound good. They were physically indestructable as there were no exposed cones to get damaged when stray softballs or other things would bang into them. People would dance on top of them, you name it. I loved those things.
Let me suggest something in the Reference line. The RF-7 specifically. I owned the KLF series and these are superior IMHO. The internal construction in the KLF series wasn't the best(I had internal braces come loose at the glue joints). The RF-7 is impressive. I talked to a Klipsch tech recently, a new line is due for the new year.
Alright, I guess my final question today is: Do you think the La Scalas advertised for $1500 are worth the money?