Wife Acceptance Factor

I hear alot about Wife Acceptance Factor when it comes to equipment. I'm getting married in 6 months. Fortunately, my fiance is pretty accepting of the hobby. Just curious about all those guys out there who have a family and are still allowed to invest their spending money almost entirely on audio equipment. After you get married, do most women step in and try to squash spending on this hobby? Opinions welcome!!!
firecracker_77
To me seeking an excellent sound is about creating an atmosphere in my home where I can relax and really enjoy the music. I upgrade to improve on that. If I spent a lot of money to get an excellent sound quality, yet made my wife resentful and angry in the process, the sense of strife would hinder what I'm trying to achieve.

If you've ever eaten a gourmet meal while fighting with someone, you know that the food tastes terrible. I think it's even more true with music because music strongly affects our moods. Listening to music is always most enjoyable in an atmosphere of peace and harmony.

Bravo to those men who have come to some sort of agreement with their wives (even if it's dividing up the floors)because if your wife is at peace with the situation, she'll be more secure, happy and more likely to be responsive to your wants. To those who don't have this peace, I'd recommend making an upgrade in your treatment of your wife before spending more money. No speaker or amount of decibels can fully drown out an unhappy or resentful wife.
I have never once in my life heard of a woman divorcing her husband because he buys stereo equipment. If she does she didn't love him and want him to be happy to begin with.
Good riddance in that case.
I just spoke to my fiance about this subject. She said to be open about my desires, and she will be in agreement with most of the purchases I make, but will not be supportive of every purchase that I want to make. Although, she did say that I should in all fairness be accepting of her spa days and pedicure / manicure expenditures. So, it sounds like I will be able to acquire a nice system, but I have to put up with alot of wasted dollars on her purchases (designer handbags, salons, etc.) That is a compromise that I can afford to make even though I think women waste money on intangibles that offer no long term benefit (i.e. having equipment that will last several years vs. wasting money on services that offer nothing but immediate gratification).
I enjoy seeing posts from ladies on Audiogon. Can you imagine meeting your 'soulmate' and she's into audio as much as you are? I guess I can dream..
Good, you are warming up now. Take a look in her closet and count the pairs of shoes, that should prove instructive. The fashion lifetime of each pair is/was, give-or-take, 25 minutes.

8>(