Wife Acceptance Factor

I hear alot about Wife Acceptance Factor when it comes to equipment. I'm getting married in 6 months. Fortunately, my fiance is pretty accepting of the hobby. Just curious about all those guys out there who have a family and are still allowed to invest their spending money almost entirely on audio equipment. After you get married, do most women step in and try to squash spending on this hobby? Opinions welcome!!!
firecracker_77
I just spoke to my fiance about this subject. She said to be open about my desires, and she will be in agreement with most of the purchases I make, but will not be supportive of every purchase that I want to make. Although, she did say that I should in all fairness be accepting of her spa days and pedicure / manicure expenditures. So, it sounds like I will be able to acquire a nice system, but I have to put up with alot of wasted dollars on her purchases (designer handbags, salons, etc.) That is a compromise that I can afford to make even though I think women waste money on intangibles that offer no long term benefit (i.e. having equipment that will last several years vs. wasting money on services that offer nothing but immediate gratification).
I enjoy seeing posts from ladies on Audiogon. Can you imagine meeting your 'soulmate' and she's into audio as much as you are? I guess I can dream..
Good, you are warming up now. Take a look in her closet and count the pairs of shoes, that should prove instructive. The fashion lifetime of each pair is/was, give-or-take, 25 minutes.

8>(
Classical, that sounds like wishful thinking. What if she is a tube/analog chick and you like digital and SS? Huh?

Disclosure: I’ve been married for 27 years and have been very, very, very ha..., ha..., hap...hap...haaap...happp...

(Allright, I’ll try again in a little while, got to go shrink my nose.)

8>(
It seems to me that most women who are wives in my area (including my own) believe in the "what is yours is mine" philosophy, or worse, tend to believe they own the monopoly on “home sense” in terms of what is appropriate to buy, or what is suitable design wise, for the home environment (I mean these in both the ergonomic and fiscal senses).

What this amounts to is the following: man sneaks around buying equipment he can hide somewhere (if he is fortunate enough to have his own space in the house to hide things). If wifey discovers hubby's goodies, wife must be compensated to what she feels are equivalent indulgence levels. Unfortunately women do not consider purses and shoes as comparable indulgences, nor the Broadway plays or dinners out with other couples, which she will likely instruct you to attend (though you might actually enjoy them as well sometimes).

The other, worse, situation is when the husband has no private space, and/or the wife believes she has the sole right to decide what works, interior design wise, in the house. In that case you are screwed. I know guys whose wives won't allow them to have comfortable reclining chairs because they won't fit in with their decor sensibilities! And, when you think about it, you can have a reclining chair custom upholstered to match any decor, so it isn’t even about the chair itself, but about control.

All this is a good example of why I openly support gay marriage and look forward to the day when my libido disappears completely and I can find an agreeable, and wealthy, male friend with whom I can pool my money for the ultimate home theatre. J/K