Wife Acceptance Factor

I hear alot about Wife Acceptance Factor when it comes to equipment. I'm getting married in 6 months. Fortunately, my fiance is pretty accepting of the hobby. Just curious about all those guys out there who have a family and are still allowed to invest their spending money almost entirely on audio equipment. After you get married, do most women step in and try to squash spending on this hobby? Opinions welcome!!!
firecracker_77
Try this: a friend went home and plunked down the Harley Davidson catalog with some super chromed and piped motorbike and announced to his wife "I'm having a mid-life crisis.....it's the Harley or another woman.....CHOOSE."

FINE PRINT:
In the fairness of full disclosure, they bought a SUV and there was no other woman. The Harley is parked on my friend's office wall where it can be still seen today.

Got the point?
This stufff with WAF is stupid, it should be sorted out before you marry.
As stated above, if you have the $$ to cover the bills or whatever, so be it.

How about something like a HAF ??
I agree that the whole WAF thing should be sorted out before you're married. Both parties should be totally honest with each other, and the audiophile in the relationship should be totally honest about how much he/she invests in the hobby and how important it is to him/her. If the other party finds it unacceptable, then, well, things will only get worse with marriage, IMO. Fortunately for me, my wife is totally accepting of the shitload of money I invest in the hobby, as long as it doesn't put us into financial jeopardy--which it hasn't . . . so far. But it helped that I was honest with her when we started dating about how much I put into the hobby. She wondered about my sanity at times, but was ultimately OK with it.
We need to make a pair of puke green klipschorns, put them in your house for one month then let you see if your wife will let you get those new speakers!!
If you are getting married, you better believe that WAF will play a central role in determining your audio purchases. What does WAF usually mean: For most, it determines how much money you get to spend. The key here is to search out the best deal you can find, and then you relate to your spouse that you are actually saving money. You could also try to fudge the true amount that you actually payed for the gear to avoid the " You payed what for that." Also, it determines what the equipment looks like and where it is to be placed. As others have mentioned, WAF does not care that your speakers will sound better where you want to place them, WAF states that you will place them here and like it mister. It also will determine for most the way the equipment looks, especially speakers. If you are lucky enough to have floorstanders, WAF will at the very least tell you what kind she will put up with. Even though you love speaker x, WAF will say " that is never coming into my house." MAny of us have to keep all, and I mean all of our equipment in an armoire. In order to get to place something like a sub or more important, speakers outside this infernal cabinet, we must be willing to sell ourselves into slavery to our wives. Read, you can get approved floorstanders, when you do ETC...... But be of good cheer, having a wife involves committment, and if you are also committed to audio, you will find creative ways to slip your audio acquisitions past the WAF net.