Klipschorn: Still relevant??

I'm interested in stirring the pot which is my current system. Please see my system for more details but, in summary, I'm conteplating moving from a Cary beam power/triode & Von Schweikert VR4JR based system to a SET/Klipschorn system.

In general, would you consider the move to be "better" or just different. Or worse?? Better being defined as higher fidelity for most types of acoustic music.

Really curious. Your opinion matters! I have to buy most of my equipment without hearing it and have to rely on reputations, opinions, reviews, etc.

Thanx
pawlowski6132
Robm321

Sorry to raise everyone's blood pressure, but I just don't see "anyone" going to Klipsch....

Well you just seen it here!?!?!?

Onhwy61,

Larry510, is it possible for you to imagine that some people have listened to
Klipsch (Heresy, LaScala, KHorn) speakers and didn't fall in love with them.
Maybe they wanted a speaker that went deeper in the bass, or one that
soundstaged with more front to back depth, or possibly a more refined treble
range, or even a less forward midrange. Just try to imagine.

One size doesn't fit all.

True, but can you also see the exact opposite?? Like more
speed, more air, more LIFE! And for potentially a lot less money?? The Klipsch may not go
down to the cellar in bass, but it is among the tightest
I have ever heard.
BTW...I also have a great soundstage & very good depth!??!??

Geeeeeez, noboby is arguing Klipsch is for everyone!!!
The poster only asked a simple question.

Time for the thread to die!

Good luck Pawloski6132
hi

You didn't raise my blood pressure. I just thought the implication in your post was not well thought out.

Robm321

"Sorry to raise everyone's blood pressure, but I just don't see anyone going to Klipsch. Maybe I'm just not around all the hoards of people dropping their exotic speakers for Klipschorn."

Well Klipsch still makes and markets their Heritage line of speakers including the Khorn, Belles, La Scala, & Hersey II and will probably remarket the Cornwall. None of them are inexpensive. There must be a demand for them. The management of Klipsch must have a reason for continuing the line and that's sales and profits. Somebody must be buying them. I doubt that most folks with "exotic" spakers are trading them if for Khorns. Some people do including me.

good listening

Larry
hi

Onhwy61 said

" Larry510, is it possible for you to imagine that some people have listened to Klipsch (Heresy, LaScala, KHorn) speakers and didn't fall in love with them. Maybe they wanted a speaker that went deeper in the bass, or one that soundstaged with more front to back depth, or possibly a more refined treble range, or even a less forward midrange. Just try to imagine."

Yes it is possible for me to imagine that. Klipsch speakrs have a "house sound" that's not for everyone. But the same can be said of every manufacturer, some people love B&W, others like Silverline and on an on. I've listened to a large number of high end speakers at audio shows and friends homes. I never had anything bad to say about any of them. Klipsch just fit my needs better.

What irks me is how some people disparage a company or speaker without listening to them. I guess this is based on the fact that they are perceicved as "old technology". All I can say old is not always bad or inaccurate or low fidelity.
"You didn't raise my blood pressure. I just thought the implication in your post was not well thought out."

I can't argue with that, a lot of what I do isn't thought out.

Old isn't bad if you enjoy them. I listen to LPs. They are better than all the efforts of modern technology.

My point was that among the poeple I know, the name Klipschorn isn't ever mentioned. Nobody I know even considers them. I'm not saying they aren't a quality speaker, but just answering the question "still relevant?" - not in my admittedly little world.
Okay, it's been fun reading. My 2 cents is there could be better speakers out there, but if you're knocking K-Horns, you have more money than brains. How could anybody not like the Klipsch Heritage line? They are clear as a bell and life-like - at least with rock, orchestra, blues. I hear this stuff written to the critics about "not set up right." Well, if you can't pretty much "plug and go," there's an equipment problem. I bought my $700 used pair of Cornwalls 20 years ago (used). The guy was running a mediocre Marantz receiver through them (probably 70-80 watts/channel). They were loud and garbled. My brother had LaScalas and told me "take the Cornwalls - the seller's Marantz could not do them justice." I did. I matched them up with a Crown Microtech 1200 (clean, powerful PA amp). Those "little" Cornballs are poppin' loud and clear. When you give 'em a little push, the sound will literally move the hair on your arms and still be as clear as a bell. I've had a few friends get scared flames were gonna pop out from the amp. That's how loud they'll go - and they are very, very clear. It all sounds good through them. Santana, Rush, Steely Dan, Chicago, The Who, ELO. If your Klipsch Heritage line sounds bad, your amp sucks... period! Change the amp, not the speakers.