Klipschorn: Still relevant??

I'm interested in stirring the pot which is my current system. Please see my system for more details but, in summary, I'm conteplating moving from a Cary beam power/triode & Von Schweikert VR4JR based system to a SET/Klipschorn system.

In general, would you consider the move to be "better" or just different. Or worse?? Better being defined as higher fidelity for most types of acoustic music.

Really curious. Your opinion matters! I have to buy most of my equipment without hearing it and have to rely on reputations, opinions, reviews, etc.

Thanx
pawlowski6132

Showing 3 responses by robm321

"You didn't raise my blood pressure. I just thought the implication in your post was not well thought out."

I can't argue with that, a lot of what I do isn't thought out.

Old isn't bad if you enjoy them. I listen to LPs. They are better than all the efforts of modern technology.

My point was that among the poeple I know, the name Klipschorn isn't ever mentioned. Nobody I know even considers them. I'm not saying they aren't a quality speaker, but just answering the question "still relevant?" - not in my admittedly little world.
How many people are going to replace their speakers with Klipschorn?

That's what I thought.
Sorry to raise everyone's blood pressure, but I just don't see anyone going to Klipsch. Maybe I'm just not around all the hoards of people dropping their exotic speakers for Klipschorn.

Larry510,

Thanks! I'm glad I still have the vigor and attitude of my youth, instead of being set in my ways like a crusty old man.

Rob