Klipschorn: Still relevant??

I'm interested in stirring the pot which is my current system. Please see my system for more details but, in summary, I'm conteplating moving from a Cary beam power/triode & Von Schweikert VR4JR based system to a SET/Klipschorn system.

In general, would you consider the move to be "better" or just different. Or worse?? Better being defined as higher fidelity for most types of acoustic music.

Really curious. Your opinion matters! I have to buy most of my equipment without hearing it and have to rely on reputations, opinions, reviews, etc.

Thanx
pawlowski6132
hi,

RE: Klipsch there is always a lot a c**p slung around, at least on this forum. The folks who like them say so, usually in a nice way. The folks who have tried them and don't say so, usually in a nice way. A lot of folks who have not heard them or owned them bash them for some reason beyond my understanding.

If your curious, try them. Buy them used and ypu can't lose any bucks.

For other opinions look and do a search on Khorns in the Klipsch 2 Channel forum or the audio asylum SET and High Efficiency speakers forum.

good listening

Larry
hi,

BTW there a lot of easy inexpensive tweeks you can do on Khorns such as getting new crossovers and rope calking the tweeter or squaker horns to mellow them a little bit if that's your inclination. The formus have a lot of how to information on to do the tweeks and where to buy the crossovers(around 200.00. If you ever have a problem with a driver in used Khorns, Klipsch still makes and sells replacemant drivers.

Larry
How many people are going to replace their speakers with Klipschorn?

That's what I thought.
Robm321, I guess that depends on what people are currently using. I think I have a nice pair of speakers but, want to move to SET amps. My current speakers won't work well with low powered speakers and I need a reasonably priced pair of high efficiency speakers.
How many people are going to replace their speakers with Klipschorn?

Exactly four whom I personally know. And they replaced $7-15K speakers. Clearly, not everyone thinks the way you do, Rob321.