Amplifier Question

I recently made an offer to buy a Classe CA-400 for $2,000. My question is whether this much power is needed to drive a pair of Tyler Acoustic Signature Ref Monitors?
firecracker_77
R_f_sayles, I wasn't offended and I can see your point. It is not logical to make a purchase and then ask others for an opinion. It would make better sense to ask on the front end. I'm eager to hear the new equipment, and I have faith that I will like it. Currently, I'm using a 1960's tube amp tested at around 65 watts per channel, which I won't sell and I'll swap in and out of my system from time to time. The same store that sold it to me for $900 would only buy it back a year later for around $400. I know they are in it to make money, but they told me that it was used equipment. I had to laugh b/c it's 42 years old, surely the depreciation hit has already occurred 42 years ago when the first guy took it home. That's why I'm done with these audio stores. I'm going to stick to this website from now on.
Amen Firecracker_77, That circumstance with the audio shop would be funny if we all had unlimited dollars to spend! Really, I thought your choice of Classe was a good one at the time. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. I agree about the audio stores too. Just like the music industry, it's pretty hard to feel sorry for them when profits are down when they didn't take care of their customers in the first place. Enjoy!
For the Reference Monitors, you really don't need a lot of juice (but having extra never hurts)... I have found my various Tylers (I own both the Taylo Reference Monitors, and the original Linbrook Signature System -- and have owned the Linbrook Signature monitors) to be very revealing of amps, however. I have not tried Classe with them, but my best results so far have come after pairing them with CODA electronics. That combo definitely works for me, I am hopeful the Classe combo works for you.

Good luck,

---Dave
Firecracker,

I am driving Taylo Ref monitors with a 75 watt Electrocompaniet AW-75. It is plenty of power for these speakers and the relaxed nature of the amp is a nice match for the neutral presentation of the Taylos. Be aware they do not have much bass below about 40hZ so a sub is need for full range.

Ralph
I agree with R_f_sayles on the amplifier pairing of speakers without question. He is correct ..try putting just any high power amplifier on the wrong speakers and your in for a headache. Power isn't everything, finesse is more important IMHO. ;-)