Amplifier Question

I recently made an offer to buy a Classe CA-400 for $2,000. My question is whether this much power is needed to drive a pair of Tyler Acoustic Signature Ref Monitors?
firecracker_77
Hey Fire,
Everyone was new once, and even the "know it all's" do not know it all, most simply offer opinion wich is cool, but be sure to know how to seperate fact from crap.
My father has 5 of those amps you now own driving Legacy focus 20/20 and Legacy HT speakers, they are really good amps. Good to see another new face in Audio and I hope above all you enjoy yourself, try not to get the constant up-grade bug and enjoy MUSIC, have fun and take care
Chadnliz, I never claimed to know it all. I take offense in that remark, shame on you. I obviously don't appreciate your point of view as I like everyone else here was stating an opinion, for what it's worth. Sorry to offend your preconceived notions. Let me understand you though, are you suggesting that there is no synergy between certain amps matched with certain speakers?! My opinion was to suggest that listening to gear and matching things that sound good together, to your ear is optimum, rather than buying gear on opinion or review. You would do this forum a favor to argue your point without calling others foolish if you please. You yourself just may yet have a thing or two to learn from others as well. Try pairing a Bryston with Thiels as an example. Or maybe Cain & Cain and Krells. As for TT/tonearm/cartridge matching, would you also believe that cartridges don't prefer an adequate tonearm based on say rigidity and mass? Try putting a Shelter 90x MC on a entry level Music Hall TT. You notice, I have never once referred to you as a "know it all" or as "foolish" and I won't. And my opinion on power is that sometimes (maybe most times), finesse is more important and there are loads of drivers that need just a few watts to sound outstanding. Finally, Firecracker_77, if in any way I offended you, I apologize. My intent was not to do that, just to show some shock in you bidding on an amp and then asking A'gon forum what we think. I hope you get the next amp you bid on and can enjoy your upgrades. IMHO Cheers!
R_f_sayles, I wasn't offended and I can see your point. It is not logical to make a purchase and then ask others for an opinion. It would make better sense to ask on the front end. I'm eager to hear the new equipment, and I have faith that I will like it. Currently, I'm using a 1960's tube amp tested at around 65 watts per channel, which I won't sell and I'll swap in and out of my system from time to time. The same store that sold it to me for $900 would only buy it back a year later for around $400. I know they are in it to make money, but they told me that it was used equipment. I had to laugh b/c it's 42 years old, surely the depreciation hit has already occurred 42 years ago when the first guy took it home. That's why I'm done with these audio stores. I'm going to stick to this website from now on.
Amen Firecracker_77, That circumstance with the audio shop would be funny if we all had unlimited dollars to spend! Really, I thought your choice of Classe was a good one at the time. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. I agree about the audio stores too. Just like the music industry, it's pretty hard to feel sorry for them when profits are down when they didn't take care of their customers in the first place. Enjoy!
For the Reference Monitors, you really don't need a lot of juice (but having extra never hurts)... I have found my various Tylers (I own both the Taylo Reference Monitors, and the original Linbrook Signature System -- and have owned the Linbrook Signature monitors) to be very revealing of amps, however. I have not tried Classe with them, but my best results so far have come after pairing them with CODA electronics. That combo definitely works for me, I am hopeful the Classe combo works for you.

Good luck,

---Dave