ARC preamp Voltage convertion from 110v to 220V?

Hi!I have and Audio Research Ls2bmk2 preamp 110 volts.I would like to convert it to 220volts in order to be used here in Argentina.Does anybody knows which companies sells the 220v transformers of this preamp?I would appreciate any info about this.Many thanks for your replies!Regards,Rafael
rafael0054
Audio Research will change the transformer and make necessary adjustments to insure your preamp working properly. Make sure they give you the 110 transformer in case you move back.
Hello there mate,my suggestion would be get a nice step down transformer,preamps don't have a big current draw like a amp.You can put a nice power cord from the wall to the step down,and from transformer to the pre if you wish.Audio Research don't really like doing conversions,I tried a couple years ago with a sp8.I don't think you will notice any difference in sound quality being source components.I was running a phono stage off the same transformer.
Not to be a stick in the mud, but Audio Research states on their web site "Audio Research does not convert products for use with a different A.C. line voltage." Best bet would be to get a step up transformer.