ARC preamp Voltage convertion from 110v to 220V?

Hi!I have and Audio Research Ls2bmk2 preamp 110 volts.I would like to convert it to 220volts in order to be used here in Argentina.Does anybody knows which companies sells the 220v transformers of this preamp?I would appreciate any info about this.Many thanks for your replies!Regards,Rafael
rafael0054

Showing 2 responses by rrog

Audio Research will change the transformer and make necessary adjustments to insure your preamp working properly. Make sure they give you the 110 transformer in case you move back.
I must be living in the past. Audio Research preamps used to come with dual voltage transformers. If you needed a different voltage it was just a matter of switching a couple of wires. The dual voltage transformers were replaced with a single voltage transformer and if you needed a different voltage they recommended sending the unit back to the factory to have the transformer changed. Dual voltage transformers were also changed to the single voltage type even if the unit was sent back for an update. Before doing anything else I would check your LS-2B transformer to find out if yours is the dual voltage type. Your preamp is old enough that it might.