What`s with the Hyperion HPS 938

Last year when the 938 went on the market , one rave review followed the other ,everybody seemed to be amazed with the level of performance this 4k speaker delivered. But the last months ,more and more stories appear of people hearing the 938 and dislike them very much.
One guy bought them for 1500usd but returned them after a trial home!!!
Or Steve Rochlin and companions are deaf or there is something really strange going on.
ctchen
I was and still am driving them with the Hyperion Sound BEC-250 amp and BEC P25 solid state pre-amp.
The sound is superb!
The Hyperion HPS 938's are truly superb!
Of course, they must be matched by equally superb equipment, and perhaps that has troubled some listeners. I drive them with the Hyperion Sound BEC-250 pre amp and BEC-P25 amp.
Without a doubt my ears, and those of my family, bear out all the rave reviews: sonic clarity, soundstaging, and wide ranging accuracy from bass to midrange to highs.
Hyperion Sound has offered the audiophile world a terrific service: Near-live performance quality is served up by a modestly priced system, allowing many more of us to enjoy the wonders of real music
I have had a pair of Hyperion 938's for several months now,these replaced apair of ATC20SL's a very accurate English loudspeaker used in recording studios worldwide.Although I rated the ATC's very highly the Hyperion is in another class.The sheer musical involvement,transparency and integration are the finest i have heard in my 40 years of hi-fi involement/love of music.I am not into hi fi "fashion" and have always sought an accurate souund.My love in music is classical owning around 2500 CDs - music is my first love,hi fi helps satisfy thatand no other speaker has satisfied it as well.My amplification,CD and tuner are by a highly regarded English company called AVI.I do not think you will be able to purchase these in America.Recently I read the Hyperion owners web site and a number of owners had commented that they thought the sound improved by placing Sorbothane or similar isolating pads between the top and bass units.Icould understand the logic of this and last week tried it,and it did improve the sound-even more clarity yet smoother in the high frequencies and more inner detail.The best just get better!!!!!!!!!! Kook forward to any replies. Malcolm Smith
Hi Malclm, that was me at the owner site who recommended the sorbathane feet. I'm glad you found it useful. Please come by and join the owners forum. We'll be happy to have another family member. Stay tuned as I'm about to get a new tube amp for the 938s.
Nice to hear from you guys, that you are enjoying the Hyperions!
Hyperion Sound has launched some new models like the 968.
Anybody heard them?