What`s with the Hyperion HPS 938

Last year when the 938 went on the market , one rave review followed the other ,everybody seemed to be amazed with the level of performance this 4k speaker delivered. But the last months ,more and more stories appear of people hearing the 938 and dislike them very much.
One guy bought them for 1500usd but returned them after a trial home!!!
Or Steve Rochlin and companions are deaf or there is something really strange going on.
ctchen

Showing 1 response by malcolmsmith

I have had a pair of Hyperion 938's for several months now,these replaced apair of ATC20SL's a very accurate English loudspeaker used in recording studios worldwide.Although I rated the ATC's very highly the Hyperion is in another class.The sheer musical involvement,transparency and integration are the finest i have heard in my 40 years of hi-fi involement/love of music.I am not into hi fi "fashion" and have always sought an accurate souund.My love in music is classical owning around 2500 CDs - music is my first love,hi fi helps satisfy thatand no other speaker has satisfied it as well.My amplification,CD and tuner are by a highly regarded English company called AVI.I do not think you will be able to purchase these in America.Recently I read the Hyperion owners web site and a number of owners had commented that they thought the sound improved by placing Sorbothane or similar isolating pads between the top and bass units.Icould understand the logic of this and last week tried it,and it did improve the sound-even more clarity yet smoother in the high frequencies and more inner detail.The best just get better!!!!!!!!!! Kook forward to any replies. Malcolm Smith