Best affordable amp for Thiel CS3.6

I have a pair of CS3.6's, which I am currently driving with a pair of Adcom GFA-555II's in bridged mono mode. While I am fairly happy with this setup, I realize that the Adcoms may not be in the same league as the Thiels. Any suggestions as to what amps mate well with the CS3.6's? Ideally, I'd love to find an amp (or two, if mono) for under $2,000, but if it's worthwhile, I may go higher. Obviously, if there is a great option out there for less money, I'd be even more interested. Used gear is fine with me, if it is quality gear. I am also considering modding my Adcoms to smooth out the mids/highs and add a little support in the low end.

Another consideration is that I am currently using an Adcom GFA-2535 for my center channel (Thiel SCS3) and surrounds (AR TSW-110), and since it is nice to have matching amps for HT, I'd probably have to add an additional amp or two (eventually).

My sources are currently a Denon DCM-460 and a JVC SA-600, but these are likely to be upgraded in the relatively near future. Both are sending digital outs to my Rotel RSP-1066, which handles the processing.

Thanks for any input/advice.

Tom.
tombowlus
Tom, you are very intuitive. That was exactly my point. Mind you there are some very good deals on the used market. Your current budget may force compromises. For just a little bit more money you can get the level of finess that will be a forward rather than a lateral move and the amount of power needed to really to push the Thiels. The cash outlay isn't really that much more on the used market. There may be some other options as well.
One additional concern that I do have is that these amps will be going into an entertainment center, and even though I have customized it with some fairly nice (and pretty darn quiet) fans from Atlantic (with temperature activated variable speed control), I probably want to avoid the very hottest amps. Any thoughts on which amps run the hottest (or coolest) between Krell, McCormack, Theta, Pass, Classe' or Bryston? Those are probably my front runners.

Thanks again! You folks have been very helpful.

Tom.
The longer the amps run in class A the more heat it is likely to generate. Mind you many believe that this extended level of class A is exactly what makes them sound better in the first place. Depending on the model, I suspect the Krell and Pass will run the hottest and IMHO will sound the best.
P.S. not all Pass amps are candidates for speakers that drop to 2.5 Ohms. Some of the older 2 stage Alephs don't take kindly to to that kind of load. There are others that just might sing though!