Big Mcintosh MC1000 pwr amp s?

comment's from user's on these big mono bloc's.
are the new MC1201's better?
fonsy66
Well Marcelo its tomorrow....what say you? Have fun, I have the 501's so I can imagine how great your 1201's are going to be.
Hi all :-)))) (big grin!). What to say? I haven't stopped listening since I brought the monsters upstairs. These amps are really gorgeous! I can now understand why everyone pointed at the 1201's. Even my close friend that owns a pair of 501's was as excited as I was. He was also one of the many whom pushed me toward these. He was convinced that I'd like it. And I do!
There is nothing I can point out that I don't like, besides one little thing> the WBT connectors on the back are too close to each other to make it easy to tighten the terminals. Luckily, it's once in a long while I play with cables. Same for the AC connector, funny place to have it, and barely space for a large AC plug. Besides these minor design (probably intended?) "flaws", what matters is the sound, and here I can't find a single glitch.

Pops, what are you using along yours?

Btw, some ppl says the Macs are slow?. Well, I'd like to say the Passes are about the fastest amps I ever had, but man, these are not slow, these are as fast as an amp should be! And by fast/slow I mean to say dynamic. These are a very fine pair of power amps, amongst the best, no doubt.

Brgds, Marcelo
Mareclo, excellent news, glad you are enjoying those big boys. I am using a Meridian 200/563 combo, CJ premier 14 preamp and Thiel 3.6 speakers. Illuminati dig, and MIT 330 SG, 350 SG EVO, and Magnum 2 speaker cables. Soon to pull the trigger on a turntable.

My 501's are a perfect match for the Thiels, total control and dynamic top to bottom. The Thiels also allow the big Mac's midrange to shine. Good luck with your Mac's, mine did not change much after burn-in.
Hi Pops, great set up you have there! Wich TT are you thinking of? I'm in love with the Basis 2500 or the Nott Dais with a TriPlanar arm...

I honestly don't expect (neither I think it would) changes with burn-in. Besides, if it takes whatever more than a few hours, it is hard to keep memories of the initial sound, so knowing when it is burnt in IMHO is a wild guess. But, I might be proven wrong by other opinions and experiences.

These sounded beautifully right out the box, none of the usual minuses associated with an unburnt pair of whatever electronics were detected. At least not by me.
brgsd, marcelo
Great news Marcelo, I bet they sound fabulous. I am thinking about a Basis 1400 or possibly higher marque, its my first endeavor into vinyl since college back in the late 70's...oops my age is exposed!

I've got to get a phono preamp as well...any ideas?

Jerry