Big Mcintosh MC1000 pwr amp s?

comment's from user's on these big mono bloc's.
are the new MC1201's better?
fonsy66

Showing 4 responses by pops

Well Marcelo its tomorrow....what say you? Have fun, I have the 501's so I can imagine how great your 1201's are going to be.
Mareclo, excellent news, glad you are enjoying those big boys. I am using a Meridian 200/563 combo, CJ premier 14 preamp and Thiel 3.6 speakers. Illuminati dig, and MIT 330 SG, 350 SG EVO, and Magnum 2 speaker cables. Soon to pull the trigger on a turntable.

My 501's are a perfect match for the Thiels, total control and dynamic top to bottom. The Thiels also allow the big Mac's midrange to shine. Good luck with your Mac's, mine did not change much after burn-in.
Great news Marcelo, I bet they sound fabulous. I am thinking about a Basis 1400 or possibly higher marque, its my first endeavor into vinyl since college back in the late 70's...oops my age is exposed!

I've got to get a phono preamp as well...any ideas?

Jerry
Easy Marcelo, only 47....though it feels like what 50 must feel like some days! I do like a lush presentation, I've got an excellent dealer that I'm going to spend some time with in a couple of days to walk me through some stuff.

I'm pumped to get back into analog. thanks for all the advice, I'll let you know what I decide....how those amps doing?