Cheap Tweeks

Does anybody have any cheap tweeks to share with us to further our search for "affordable" sonic bliss? I have 3 for you to try that anyone can afford. 1) if your amp sets on the floor, try putting 4 tennis balls under it. you might want to place a piece of half inch plywood under the amp first. 2) If you need to isolate your components better, put a piece of plywood under them and then put the largest size bubble wrap that you can find uner them. These ideas work and are much cheeper than big buck isolation platform. 3)If you use "dynamic" speakers, put a quarter at the top front corners and a dime in the center. It must be the resonence of the change that does the trick. All I know is that it works.
slowhand
Here are indespensible tweaks for under $100 that work: 1)Auric Illuminator CD treatment,$39,reduces digital HF grain/glare in problem CDs, improves overall sound. 2)Kontak connector cleaner/enhancer,$39, much better than ProGold, lifts a veil. 3)Vibrapod feet,$24,will be improvement over stock feet,good for mid-fi gear, better than tennis ball cut in half, heh,heh,heh. 4)Black Diamond racing cones, $60, carbon fiber cones can be effective without tilting up sound if you have proper base for cone to drain vibrations into, BD sells $50 carbon fiber base pads which can become expensive fast.......next step up are various bearing designs. 5)Radio Shack de-mag unit,$38, gives you a taste of Bedini II and Furutech RD-1, treated CDs will have effect like Auric Illuminator.....regards, Sam
0) Listening to a stereo at a suburban-hell stereo super store. 1) Moving your speakers out into the the room (free), 2) Raising your speaker cables off of the floor using wood blocks or foam cups, 3) Twining your power cables together and running them down one side of your rack then separating (by 1 inch) and running your interconnects down the other side of the rack. 4) Putting your speakers in a sparsely furnished room (nothing between them). I also recall (back in the old days) that putting four concrete garden blocks on top of each of my old Bose SA1000 box speakers improved their sound noticeably.
1. speaker placement (including and beyond John_1's comment) 2. if you have a live room, play with area rug and heavy wall hanging placement. WAF may be a problem, and velvet Elvis only within 50 miles of Graceland, please! :-)
1)Room treatment. 2)Turn off the lights. 3)Trendy chemical amusement aids, "just kidding!
Granite remnants from a countertop supply company. I got four 1 1/4" thick pieces for $12.50 each. Use them under source, amps, and speakers, and in conjunction with cones etc. HUGE DIFFERENCE.