How Long Did it Take to Burn In a new piece?

What was the longest time period you ever had to go through when burning/breaking in a new piece of equipment,regardless if was electronics,power cords,speakers,wires,etc.,untill it finally was broken-in and showed its true colors? Would you fellow GON members be willing to share what equipment/timespan you went through this with,and was the transformation gradual or a sudden snap at a specific time? Also,were their certain pieces that never "blossomed" and lived up to your expectations after a lengthy burn-in period,so off they went after your hard work waiting for them to reach their potential.
teajay
I agree with Boa2 on Soliloquys. I was tempted to sell them at least a dozen times in the last 6 months....They began to sound spectacular close to 800- hour mark. I do love the sound (even though it's totally different from my Dali Grands), but come on now! 700 hours to break in- that's beyond ridiculous!
Two years. Shahinian Diapason loudspeakers. They sounded like crap new and are heavenly now.
Phono carts always take me forever since they're something I can't leave going while I'm out ;)
Four years - Wife. Getting better and better with each passing year! She got pretty pissed when I tried to hook her up to the fridge to make the process go faster though!

Marco