What's my next step in AC conditioning??

How do I get my system's background to be quieter without losing dynamics (or adding brightness)?
I currently have 6 components plugged into a Monster HTS 2000 plugged into a standard double wall outlet. If I plug my CJ MV-55 directly into the wall outlet, I lose dynamics.
What's the next step:
An audio grade wall outlet? Which one would be best for me?
Upgrade from my HTS 2000?
Thanks in advance!
umn
There are still a lot of issues to address. I never tried the porterports, because I already had all the PS Audio ports I needed. If I had to do it over again I would buy a few from Albert Porter since they are cheaper, and I would think that they are just as good.

I haven't been impressed with the Monster power conditioners, but if it works for you, go for it, or stay with it.

Since I started looking at the power supply to the equipment I have replaced a lot of stuff. I replaced every power cord in my system. The improvement was worth the money since I replaced them with DIY cords. The background was much more quiet. The cords dropped the noise floor! I don't know how, but I replaced them one at a time. Every time I finished a new one I got the same result. The thing I noticed the most was the blacker backround and improved bass clarity.

I got the same results when I went to two seperate circuits of dedicated line just to the stereo. I used one for the amp and one for the front end.

A person could say it was all a coincidence or it was all in my head but I got the same results when I did each one of the seperate steps; the power cords; the outlets; and the dedicated lines. The cost is small compared to buying a new amp or speakers, and I think it was an effective investment.

Try any of those suggestions.

...and dats da name a dat tune!
I most definitely noticed an improvement by running two dedicated lines (one for amps, and one for source/pre). But then, I am running several high current amps (two Adcom GFA-555II's in bridged mono, one Adcom GFA-2535, with two of the channels bridged mono), and the one (non-dedicated) line I had been using couldn't provide all the juice that I needed. While I feel that installing the two dedicated lines was the main improvement, I have also incorporated all PorterPorts, all DIY power cables (from Ernie Munier), and PS Audio Ulitimate Outlets on each line (with a HC model for the amps, and with PorterPorts installed for the two non-HC models). I believe that all of these components have been beneficial to my setup. Also, FWIW, my dedicated pre/source AC line is 12AWG Belden, and the line for the amps is 10AWG Romex (the 9AWG Belden was too pricey for me).

Hope this helps, Tom.
I just tried something this morning and I think that I may have cured my problem.
My audio system is set up in my den where I have the usual computer, moniters, printers, UPS's, plus other electronic devices.
This morning, I left everything plugged into the Monster HTS2000. However, I moved to an outlet of a seperate electrical line that has nothing but outside lights on it(via a heavy duty extension cord). Somehow my system is now quiet. Does this make sense? Is all I need a seperate dedicated line for my audio equipment? What this make such a difference?
Getting the other electronic devices off of your line should yield an improvement in lowering the "noise" on the line, and should also help to ensure that you are getting as much current as possible to your system. It sounds like a dedicated line (or two!) would be your most significant first step. It certainly was for me.

Tom.
Tom:
1. When you say that used 12AWG Belden & 10AWG Romex for your dedicated lines, do you mean that the electrician ran that gauge wire all the way from the breaker panel?
2. Have you ever tried plugging your amplifier directly into the Porter Port?
Thanks.
Uri