Every make a purchase you truly regret?

Look, we've all done it. We read about that special piece of equipment that catches our eye. Every review seems to be glowing--never a discouraging word. So, after several weeks of reading about it but with no real opportunity to hear it, we decide to "just do it," and buy it, probably selling a vital piece of equipment to afford the new piece.

So we buy the new gear, plug it into the system, and bamm! It just plain stinks! No matter what tweaking we try, we can't seem to grow to like it. Now we're stuck, feeling like a "Class A" chump, another victim of the audio press.

Question: If this situation has ever happened to you, did you try to go back to what you had originally, or did you press on, trying something else altogether? Anyone ever start over completely?

Me? I always seem to try something else altogether, and it's starting to get expensive. However, I'm considering starting over completely. I mean, get rid of EVERYTHING and start from scratch. Any thoughts?
crazy4blues
Wilson Witts. An impulse buy that I hope I'll never do again. Replaced my Straightwire Maestros with Purist Audio Colossus to take the edge off the ear slicing highs. The "one note bass" problem remained no matter where I positioned them (even after spending 3000. for the 2 version).
A reviewer in Fi said it best when he stated that the signature of these speakers is so pronounced that any music you play tends to sound alike. No wonder they are discontinued.
Lots of stuff. Since most were used, and I seemed to be able to resell most of them at a profit, no harm done.
.....bought a well respected 100+ wpc Stereophile class A tube amplifier and was totally disappointed with it-- deep but soft, boomy, bloated, uncontrolled bass, and soft, boring mids and highs-- sold it after 30 days, and happily went back to my favorite SS amp. Disclaimer: this is NOT a general condemnation of tube amps-- this one just didn't happen to work in MY system. Cheers. Craig
Making a $400 cable purchase from a local portland retailer who treated me like dirt the next time I came in.
Sdrconsultant you got any more stories like these they are absolutely hilarious. Actually Martin Logan Quest z unless you listen with your head in a vice you will be disappointed.