Anyone ever have claims for damage with UPS?

I recently shipped some Martin Logan Aerius in their original boxes via UPS and they cracked both of the side rails on both speakers! There is some dispute whether the box and packing material meets their guidelines. They were insured, taped in four different spots with strapping tape, but the just got abused buy them. Any hints on how to deal with them? It's not over yet, but I am not hopeful.
128x128barz1114
my 2 cents, just had usps treat my amp as a football and drop kick it from ny to denver. it was insured packed well and stamped fragile at least 10 times by the post office. scratched, bent face plate etc....they said it would be difficult to file a claim....what the hell is the insurance for!!!
alan
It will take a class action suit to get UPS to change there ways regarding how they deal with claims, I'm not sure why they sell insurance,except to increase thier bottom line.
That's right and if it is not 2" or more of foam, they will not pay. They will gladly insure them, but even if it is factory packaging, they can refuse paying. They destroyed 3 pairs of speakers I had sent using them and now use Fed Ex with great results. Never send speakers with UPS or you will be sorry :-(
Update on my earlier response regarding sad experiences w/FedEx Ground: after their initial denial of my claim on the damaged PSB 5T speaker, I called and spoke with the guy who authored the denial letter and told him I took photos of the damaged box and speaker. Note: ALWAYS do this! He asked me to email them to him, and 2 days later he emails me back saying he's paying the full amount of the insurance and refunding the shipping costs! So--ALWAYS protest and dispute their claim denials, persevere, and never get nasty over the phone. I should have my refund before the year is out!! Good luck to you too.
I have had everything between taking them to small claims court and having a very considerate person there save my butt after Jim Anthon stold my AN DAC 4 Sig. I find nothing to predict what will happen. I also must say I find Airborne and the USPS worse and FedEx no better. Always keep original boxes and double box if those are worthless, such as from Marantz, duplicate the disassembly needed, address very clearly, and cross your fingers.