Anyone ever have claims for damage with UPS?

I recently shipped some Martin Logan Aerius in their original boxes via UPS and they cracked both of the side rails on both speakers! There is some dispute whether the box and packing material meets their guidelines. They were insured, taped in four different spots with strapping tape, but the just got abused buy them. Any hints on how to deal with them? It's not over yet, but I am not hopeful.
128x128barz1114
In 2-years of running my small business I have shipped approximately 1500 boxes with UPS and had only 2 claims. I double box everything and never had a single claim when I pack properly. Both claims were on items not packed correctly by me. I was paid on one and not on the other. UPS ships millions of boxes every day and marking "Fragile" or "Handle with Care" is meaningless as they do not read what is on the box. Their people are paid to move quantities of boxes and not slow down to read labels. I never ship large speakers with them as there is no way to pack them properly. All large speakers should go by Truck and be palletized for safety. It is more expensive by truck but they typically arrive in much better shape. UPS will do their job if you do yours and pack correctly is my input. Double box everything with 2 inches of packing around the inner box. Do not ever ship units with tubes installed unless that is how the manufacturer ships them in the first place. If you follow those simple rules UPS will be a very good experience. If not, you will have lots of problems with trying to collect insurance. Wally
If you know that you packed it correctly, submited all the required paperwork, and they still deny your claim, take them to small claims court. Small claims court is a hassle for them and if they don't show up you could win by default.

In the past I have shipped stats via air. Recently when I needed to ship an item, I was told since 9/11 that I could not use air freight at all. I next went to Bax Global and was told that they will only accept shipments that are from business to business. They will not take shipments from an individual.

Good luck with your case.
my 2 cents, just had usps treat my amp as a football and drop kick it from ny to denver. it was insured packed well and stamped fragile at least 10 times by the post office. scratched, bent face plate etc....they said it would be difficult to file a claim....what the hell is the insurance for!!!
alan
It will take a class action suit to get UPS to change there ways regarding how they deal with claims, I'm not sure why they sell insurance,except to increase thier bottom line.
That's right and if it is not 2" or more of foam, they will not pay. They will gladly insure them, but even if it is factory packaging, they can refuse paying. They destroyed 3 pairs of speakers I had sent using them and now use Fed Ex with great results. Never send speakers with UPS or you will be sorry :-(