Do CD-R's sound the same as originals

does a burned copy of a cd sound the same as the original
soundwatts5b9e
As earlier implied by Kocho, a copy is a copy is a copy. If errors have occurred in the process, then the "copy", strictly speaking, is truly not a copy. When dealing with digits, we can speak in such precise terms. Never-the-less, there will be those who will hear a difference even when the original is compared to itself. That's the nature of aural memory.
That's not at all what we're talking about. I wonder of you can hear a 20 kHz sinewave, Wald?
yo waldhorner....LISTEN to something that you have on CDR rather than spouting. I made a copy this am....it is fine...but does not compare with the original. I am using Maxell CDR's and an HP 9150i Burner. If you can't tell the difference then you aren't buying your equipment from Audiogon.
So I suppose Mfgrep that there is no such thing as an indistinguishable CDR copy..EVER? One thing though. I don't spout prior to listening...a lot. Also, tell me in what ways YOUR copies are different from their originals. And I don't really think that it matters where I have bought my hardware. Do you?
Yes...I've found that hardware makes a difference and that the discs make a difference. In general the CDR's take on a "hard" quailty. They sound unnatural, hard, bright, and metallic. I've found that the Sony CDR's remove alot of the bright metallic twinge and is a vast improvement. The audio recordable discs and equipment sounds considerably better than computer "burner" devices for audio. Again...don't get me wrong...it beats copying to cassette! ....but perfection this is not!!