Do CD-R's sound the same as originals

does a burned copy of a cd sound the same as the original
soundwatts5b9e
yo waldhorner....LISTEN to something that you have on CDR rather than spouting. I made a copy this am....it is fine...but does not compare with the original. I am using Maxell CDR's and an HP 9150i Burner. If you can't tell the difference then you aren't buying your equipment from Audiogon.
So I suppose Mfgrep that there is no such thing as an indistinguishable CDR copy..EVER? One thing though. I don't spout prior to listening...a lot. Also, tell me in what ways YOUR copies are different from their originals. And I don't really think that it matters where I have bought my hardware. Do you?
Yes...I've found that hardware makes a difference and that the discs make a difference. In general the CDR's take on a "hard" quailty. They sound unnatural, hard, bright, and metallic. I've found that the Sony CDR's remove alot of the bright metallic twinge and is a vast improvement. The audio recordable discs and equipment sounds considerably better than computer "burner" devices for audio. Again...don't get me wrong...it beats copying to cassette! ....but perfection this is not!!
So we can agree that, as implied by your rejoinder, hardware and its respective interactive relationships, can make a difference. Factor in the variables which are unique to most, if not all of us, and it follows that in some instances, copies could be indistinguishable. Your brother's experiences suggest he has found something very close.
Eber, I thought you said you were done with this post ? Stick to your word, please.