McIntosh vs. Accuphase

I've heard more than once that Accuphase was Japan's McIntosh and was wondering if someone that has had experience with both brands would like to give their opinions on any differences and likeness these makes share sonically from top to bottom? More specifically the McIntosh MC252, MC352 amps vs like wattage Accuphase units. I've noticed in the specs of both that the Accuphase amps have a much higher damping factor vs. the McIntosh which from what I understand could tell how it might effect bass performance with a given speaker. Any input or stories you might have pertaining to either brand would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Brian/Texas
jackofspeed
So far no one has addressed the specific question ref the Mc252? Anyone have anything to add on this specific product?
Thanks.
The accuphase is pure class a and the mac is ab so in terms of overall sound quality the accuphase should be better, there is also a big price difference between pure class a and ab. The Mac 252 is a outstanding amp but its in a different league than the accuphase, as you know the accuphase that is the same wattage as the mac 252 is Accuphase M-2000 at $30,000 per pair. accupase is more comparably to lamm or chord, its kind of like saying what would you prefer a Corvette or a Ferrari.
I have never owned either but I've listened to many of both. If I were buying I would lean to the Mac simply because every Mac I've heard for its time has been among the best. And just as importantly has been backed by reliability and service. I can't say the equivalent for the Accuphase. I haven't heard the latest Accuphase but of those I've heard I would say that the perfect speaker one one is not the perfect speaker for the other.
I considered going with Accuphase in putting together my system, but in the end I couldn't justify the price differential vs Mac. There's a lot more used Mac about in the US, and even new it's a lot cheaper here.

If I was in Japan or even Europe it might have been a different story, but Mac gear is a bargain in the US and A!
I'm running an Accuphase E-306 from 1994-97 in my main two channel system. It still sounds great to me. It is driving Revel F50's. My sources are a Transporter for my digitized FLAC files, an Arcam CD36 for CD's and a Marantz tuner.

Have there been developments in the last 15 years that would provide me with a better listening eperience?

Jim