Hospital Grade Wall Outlets

Heard that this was a good tweak to use. Bought some but i am not sure how to wire them. Do you wire them the same as existing outlets or do you need a seperate ground wire to isolate the outlet. PLEASE HELP
mrsoundman
To Albertporter: Do the hospital grade wall outlets with the silver colored anti corrosion plating inside sound worse, the same, or better than an average wall outlet that is normally in a wall? I've just had hospital grade outlets installed and don't know what brand they are or what plating is inside. It was what the electrician had on hand.I'm interested in knowing. I've just sold my speakers and am waiting on new ones, so I can't listen for myself right now. Thank you very much.
Elb - While the system is down, change out those receptacles. Look for the Leviton receptacles(20A) that don't use nickel plating. It will be worth your trouble.
jcbtubes, what is the model number of the ni free Leviton. I just installed some Levitons but don't know if they are ni free or not.
For the benefit of others who may read this thread and be interested in buying Hubbell hospital-grade outlets, I wanted to share a good buying tip. I recently bought 3 of the Hubbell outlets from "The Aduiophile Store", which is operated by UHF Magazine, a Canadian publication. They offer a number of items through their online store, including the Hubbell outlets. I paid $60 CDN, which is $40 US, for the 3 outlets -- substantially better than the prices I've seen at up to $30 each on some of the audiophile sites. If you want to order, here is the Web site address: http://www.uhfmag.com/AudiophileStore.html
The plated Leviton hospital grade will probably sound better than common household outlets. As long as you are going to the trouble, why not use the best? As I stated in my earlier posting, the Hubbell is the best construction, and the best sounding. If you compare the Hubbell, all copper construction with the Leviton, all copper, the Hubbell will have lower distortion, tighter bass and smoother highs. The Hubbell is available from commercial electrical sales outlets, and is only sometime carried by electricians. The reason? The buyer only sees a final bill for the parts and labor. If the electrician can use a brand that costs less, he makes more profit. Many electricians truly believe there is NO difference in any outlet, sound or otherwise, and are merely installing what they are instructed to do. If you cannot find Hubbell locally, Michael Percy Audio Products has them in stock, at a discount of $23.50 each. These are the correct ones for audio, and are rated at 20 amps. Mike can be reached at 415-669-7181 (voice) or 415-669-7558 (fax) he prefers orders via fax.