Is an eight sided oval room acoustically correct?

I was in the process of building a 13 foot by 17 foot stereo sound room when I got an idea. Why not avoid 90 degree walls with four smaller walls? This will create an eight sided oval room. Won't this avoid the need for bass traps? I know that traditional room corners accentuate bass resonance. What do you think about this solution?
redwoodgarden
Muralman1, I never thought of it like that. There is no substitute for a little experience in this crazy endevor.
The Hat Rack: I'm here at CES and it's on display at a few places. There are many things in this audio world that make large differences that you wouldn't expect to. So far everything I have ever heard that made a difference has some sort of physical reason that it made a change--sometimes not for the better. As a physicist, I can't find any physical reason how the hat rack would have any effect on the sound (unless it's placed in front of the speakers). There's virtually no band width by it's design and thus it can't effect the sound waves. I would really like to read some scientific explaination (or anything even plausible) on how this can effect the sound waves.
Okay after my post I made it a point that day to listen to the "hat rack". I think it's really called something like the hologram something or other, but it looks like a hat rack--so I like Hat Rack better. In a room with absolutely bare corners and a very high resolution system, I could hear a difference with it in and out. It broke up a very small band of frequencies in the lower mid band enough to add a little clarity in that range. However, I think it's only useful in a room that has little or no diffusion. There are much better ways of accomplishing more for far less money. For example, in a bare room take one panel of slatted shutter doors and put one in each corner--compare that to the hat rack--it will make a huge difference (not always for the better mind you). I think that's one of the issues with some tweaks--make them benign enough that they don't do harm. I doubt seriously the hat rack will ever cause any problems in a room--but it's not going to fix too much either.