Cardas Machined RCA Caps.???

I have seen many ads about the benefits of using these caps to avoid noise on the non-used RCA inputs...Somebody even posted an anouncement today at Audiogon.
Has someone ever tried these caps? Is it really beneficial and acoustically audible?
What do you think?
gecus
One needs to be careful constructing shorting plugs. Some preamps get very unhappy when shorted. As mentioned earier... the Cardas Caps are "non-shorting." Be sure to check out the XLRs as well. They are another fine product by Cardas.
Dan
dedicatedaudio.net
Someone wrote in the AA forum that you can test your system by putting Al foil caps on your un-used inputs / output.

If you notice a difference you can decide if you want to spend the money for nice looking caps.

Nik
I started with these when I was experiencing a problem with my phone pre amp. They may have cut down on the RF noise but I won't swear to it. I will say that the other two benefits are (one) no dust can get in the jack and (two) they look so cool! Small investment and decent returns, it's a tweak, tweaks are more than not, a waste of money, but fun.
I bought a very attractive set of these in August from Music Direct. I even paid a little more to get the cute little nautilus shell on the face. My application at the time was for a new Ayre AX-7 integrated I had just received. I thought that the caps and the adjacent Cardas speaker connectors would look like a matched set. Unfortunately, the Cardas caps were so loose on the RCAs they fell off without even touching them. I called Ayre about this and they informed me that there was no such thing as a standard size of RCA terminal and that this loose condition was a possibility. They did offer to put a different type RCA connector on the integrated that would accomodate the caps but I saw the whole thing as a worthless exercise in system downtime. The caps are in a drawer collecting dust now.