Richard Gray's Power Company

This is a huge inductor in parallel with the power line. It's supposed to act like an electronic flywheel to smooth out power supply fluctuations. I like the concept. Has anyone had personal experience with this device? Did you use it with the low powered front-end components, the high powered amp, or everything? What improved or worsened?
jlambrick
I was born a skeptic with an open mind. Anyone with a sharp pencil can write specs. Ask the IRS. Like I said the Gray stuff killed my system. From its creation, my friends system was built out from the Equi-Tech panel. I can only comment on what I heard of his system. Sounded very, very good.I did not rip into his system to add a external power conditioner. Next time I put my hands on a Gray product, I will take it to my friends house, give it a listen and report my impressions back on the forum.Tom
No experience with RGPC, but someone asked about balanced power. I am using the CinePro PowerPro20 and from the first moment it entered my system I noticed a major differences. I know these terms are used all too often, but I feel I now understand them better; there was a 'black' background to my stereo (I am mainly a 2-channel guy) and the bass was solid and smooth on the extreme low end. The highs were solid, but I now feel my speakers are the weak link in my chain, and therefore cannot go into too much detail about the higher frequencies. All I know now is I do not like metal dome tweeters. From all the research I have done before I dropped $1200 on the Cinepro, I just don't see how any product can give as much benifit as Balanced A/C. A product may be able to filter out all the interference it wants, and even not limit the incoming AC, but how does it deal with the hum induced by a hot/neutral/ground design?
Jlambrick, for the money you'd spend to get a *used* RGPC you can find a used isolation transformer like my 3000W (220V in, 110V out) ONEAC beast. Even more, you could get a really big one like the ones used for industrial HVAC units. Getting power at the 220V level makes a BIG difference, especially if one lives in an apartment building like myself.