Speakers: all-time worst

What is the all-time worst (home audio speaker systems, not the plastic cabinets or ceiling types) loudspeaker system that you have heard, and why? In other words, the all-time worst value.
wenterprisesnw
Tubegroover, you are certainly entitled to your opinion and I respect it but I must disagree with you as well. The SRS tl (trilaminate tweeter) was an upgrade from the original series, don't know whether you heard that one or not. The crossover was also changed. I heard both and the original was no doubt bass heavy. The later model was a different speaker altogether. You can't get these obviously and believe me I'm not trying to sell you or anyone else on their merit. I will say that in my system they sound great. Open and airy with excellent midrange and tight bass. I've had 3-5K speaks in the room (aeriels, ML, Vany 3's) and they can't displace the Polks - it will take a bigger investment which I will no doubt make one day. I had a dealer/friend in my room and he was pleasantly surprised, instead of trying to sell me speakers now he working on a CJ ART pre or 16. Good listening.
Pops, you are so lucky to have a "dealer/friend" guide you in your purchases. Let us know if he guides you to the ART or the 16. We can't wait to know.
I too Am amazed how many people think the Bose System is state of the art! I simply explain to them that for less money they can get a pair of NHT Super Ones with a matching NHT powered Sub . This setup is a great introduction to audiophile quality music.
Well Pops I respect your opinion and taste as well and I am sure whatever you have in your listening room that can't be displaced by the Vandy 3A Sigs especially must be quite special indeed. There is no way we are talking about the same speakers I heard with old Bob Carver gear. All that auditioning with the Polk speakers became a moot point when I heard the Vandy 2C's which I ultimately purchased after owning the Fanfares for a short spell.