Speakers: all-time favorite

What is your all-time favorite loudspeaker system, and why?
wenterprisesnw
Hey Mazort - do those Proacs rock - how do they handle blues and rock. I know they are outstanding on smaller material. I'm considering the 2.5's or 3.8's but haven't done any extensive listening yet.
Martin Logan Statements and Prodigys when hooked up to a full Boulder or Spectal Reference System.
Afer 30+ years exploring the high-end....I would list three that influenced myself...and, at least, a couple generations of "audiophiles". 1.The original Advent loudspeaker...without peer when it comes to having spawned both manufacturers and consumers to a seek more from recorded music. 2. The Dahlquist DQ-10..without this speaker there my not have been Theil, Wilson and many, many others...and it gave Saul Marantz another last fling with home audio. 3. The Magnepan MG-20, quite simply a $30.000.00 set of speakers,..for $10.000.00
Hey Pops - If you're in the New York City area come on over to my place to listen to my 3.5's - BYOCD's and hear for yourself. They're very unlike 2.5's - far more detail and no overripe bass, but they rock! My work number is 212 469-6391.
The best I have heard is the Verity Audio Parsifal. It is the resident speaker system at Chesky Records, dCS (Elgar) in the UK, Keith Jarret's home studio,Sam Tellig (yes the man himself) and many more. Just received the ever-rare 5 star rating in Germany. It is truley the best kept secret in the high-end industry, but at 12-14K a pair they are not cheap but will trouce more expensive speakers. They are work of arts also, quite small yet can achieve a low 25hz. It's smaller brother, the Fidelio, recently featured in november 99 (I beleive)Stereophile,gives you 80% of the Parsifal's performance for a lot less loot. Check them out at verityaudio.com "out of this world" mine are keepers for life. Get your hands on a used (but rare) pair if you can afford them. Your hart and soul (and even your girlfriend or wife) will thank you...