Best redbook CD playback system for $30k

I have $30k to spend on a stereo system to play back redbook CDs. I like very natural and dynamic "live - you are there", sound and need to fill a 28' x 30' room with 12' ceiling with clean moderate to slightly loud music. I listen to all types of music with emphasis on jazz and classical. There is no "wife approval" to be factored in here so size and shape does not matter. Only the music mattters. I do need to be able to go out and buy this system so all components must be NEW and readily available for purchase. What would you buy?
rmf
A lot of good advice here, principally on buying used. If you are going to buy new, though, I'll be contrarian and suggest you go to a dealer you trust (I can recommend several in NJ) and listen to systems in your price range and below to see what YOU like, not what we think you'd like. Your room size is not likely to keep you away from the big speakers, so you'll have plenty of choices, but if you get a GOOD dealer they should be able to put together systems that work well together, then it's up to your ears to determine what sounds best to you. Good luck!
Wadia 831 direct balanced into
Atmasphere 60 watt monos
Coincident Victorys
Vandersteen subs (2)
Coincident cables

The balls :))
Don't know exact price, but can't imagine any better.
If you don't want an all-tube amplifier, use an Aria hybrid WT100XL, or solid state: Gamut D200.
Since you ask what I would buy,I'd spend 10 and leave the other twenty in the bank because I believe the improvement I would gain for the last twenty would not equal the money spent. I do not presume to tell you what you should do or spend.

Restricting myself to new equipment,I'd go to http://www.avahifiand order the better fet/valve amp,the best fet/valve preamp,and the fet/valve dac. I'd get a disk player with a digital out and a pair of Magnepan 3.6 speakers. Then,I'd deaden the room acoustically.

Enjoy your search.
You can definitely lower your dollar costs by buying used, but it will be significantly harder for you to achieve satisfactory results. If you wish to delve into the minutiae of system assembling and room acoustics while you critically listen to dozens of combinations of equipment, then buying used on Audiogon is an excellent way to spend the next year (or two) putting together a system. I strongly suggest you read the following Audiogon thread titled The Secret to A Good Sounding System. It will give you an idea of the amount of effort needed to put together a good sounding system. Alternatively, you could work with a high end retailer and ask them to design your room, system and provide setup.

Regardless of what method you choose, I would strongly recommend you spend at least 20% on room acoustics. You will never achieve high quality sound without addressing the room acoustic issue.