Music for "Tough Times"

When you're feeling lousy, or maybe just had a tough day, what one LP, CD, tape, etc. do you play to make you feel better? In my case it's Cowboy Junkies CD "The Caution Horses". Margo Timmins voice is at once soft and soothing, but also haunting and immediate. This is music that I can get lost in. What music do others use on occasions like this?
garfish
This is one of the many a cool threads on this site with lots of good ideas. Music to make you feel better is about feel for me weather it be instrumental or lyrical. The singer song writers like Joni Mitchell, Dylan, Danny O'Keefe, Tom Waits, early Rod Stewart, Martin Sexton, many others write some songs I can REALLY identify with. Some come acoss with prefectly crafted insightful, poignant lyrics and music that truly take me away. On the classical side Debussey, Mozart, Brahams, Ralph Vaughn Williams,and on and on also send me. Music has rescued me many times from the neatherworld of depression. Cheers
"hate the boss" lousy

Ministry A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste.
Nitzer Ebb Lightning Man or Ebb Head
Metallica Ride the Lightning
NIN Downward Spiral

"dropped the winning touchdown" lousy

Martin Scorsese/Wim Wenders The Soul of a Man Sntrk
New Order Low Life

"girl trouble" lousy

NIN Pretty Hate Machine
Dido (both)
Kix Hot Wire
Depeche Mode "black celebration"
U2 Unforgettable Fire
Until the End of the World Soundtrack
9 1/2 Weeks Soundtrack
(I've sufferred a staggering variety of girl troubles)

"Sick as a Dog" Lousy

Amos Lee
Dvorak No. 9 "New World"
Jim Croce Greatest Hits

Soprano's Original Soundtrack, If I'm not sure what Lousiness I'm sufferring from .
Jarmusch, Scorsese, Wenders, even Tarantino... amazing soundtracks. Not just best of's or "I know that..." I think this is why they make me smile. Jackie Brown is a great example of a soundtrack that when you're in a bad mood, after "Across A Hundred and Tenth Street" followed by Foxy Brown's "Letter to the Firm" not to mention just the ridiculous cover. Or Wender's "Far Away, So Close!" soundtrack. I got stranded in Europe with no money once for about a week, and it was the only thing that got me through.
Music isn't sometimes the best treatment for Tough Times in general.
The best way to kill tough times is to grab chica and dance rumba...:-)