Cowboy Junkies fans........

I know a lot of Audiogon members are Cowboy Junkies fans so I thought I'd put out this notice. The Cowboy Junkies new CD "Waltz Across America" is out and is excellent. The recording is Live, very good, and has some great new songs-- although a couple are pretty far out for me. If you've got a decent system, you'll think Margo Timmins is in your listening room. Highly recommended. Cheers. Craig.
garfish
The Junkie site is in Canadian Dollars. $14.00Canda = $9.66US if it makes a difference to anyone South of there.
Hi Dekay; Michael Timmins is the Junkies lead guitar player (and Margo's brother), and he also has written much of their music, as well as producing-- a talented guy. And I agree that he uses some strange chops, but they always add to the music. Besides Margo's voice, I also really enjoy all the band's work. Another Timmins is on drums, and they have a guy that travels with them that plays FIVE instruments, ie he does the mandolin and harmonica work etc.. Cheers. Craig.
Hi Garfish: The Junkies are my favorite new find in popular easy listening music. I suspect that many of the Junkies songs are through compositions. By this I mean that the song was pretty much basically conceived as a whole as apposed to being pieced together bit by bit. This usually makes for a more listenable and moving piece of music and is in my way a high compliment to pay a songwriter or band.
Check out a band called Shivaree and an album called "I ought to give you a shot in the head for making me live in this dump."It's on Capitol Records. It's been getting great reviews-it's good-great production and an interesting contemporay slant on country,blues and torch type songs.Female vocalist-they're from the West coast. Ben
Swampwalker - I am as bad at remembering titles as you - "All Whites Off Earth Now" doesn't sound right, but you got one thing right, it is a great disc. Personally it is my favourite Junkies disc. I like Trinity Sessions, but played it too much when it first came out I guess. "Whites.." is one of those discs that just gets better every time you play it.