Another sign SACD is dying

I went to Best Buy to purchase some SACDs and after searching for the special section containing sacds and xrcds without success, I asked the salesman where they were. He informed me that they were all removed since dual disc is now the rage. WOW!
jmslaw
I agree with Nrchy--Support SACD please! If you are an audiophile and truly care about good sound--you need to buy SACD. There is more dynamic range and far more resolution on high frequencies. Don't let this wonderful format die.
Rfj5106-I've bought approx 70 or 80 CD's this year.
One of them was on SACD-Bill Laswell.

It's not easy to support that's the problem.
You're right Ben. If there were more music I wanted on SACD I would buy it, as I think, would you. This isn't as simple as I would wish. There are many factors involved, and we don't have any control over most of them anymore. Maybe if we had...
It does seem to be a format that caters to the classical and Jazz listener of which I am. So I have no problem finding music (SACD's) that I like.

Chuck
On 'Hardball' last night Chris interviewed a representative of the Christian music industry who claimed that the genre accounted for 6% of total music sales. Which he stated was greater than the total for classical and jazz sales combined. I don't know if these figures are accurate but they seem believeable. Hopefully the audiophile market can keep SACD going but it seems like an uphill battle. At least a decent percentage of rock/popular new titles are also being released on vinyl.