Best full orchestra recordings?

In my travels to hi-fi shops I've listened to some recordings of full orchestra works, but my music collection suffers from a conspicuous absence of such recordings. I have what looks like a "greatest hits" kind of collection in this area (Copeland, Stravinsky. etc.). Since putting together a high-end system I am much more appreciative of these types of recordings. I know there's a wealth of information out there: any recommendations of orchestral works, new or old, that should be in one's collection?
128x128mdrummer01
Kr4, I agree. IMHO, Ashkenazy/Decca by a considerable margin. It comes with a very good Isle of the Dead as well.

In fact, I prefer his Symphonies as well. They are just more taut than Previn's, and most others except Pletnev, which suits me fine. His PC's w/ Previn are also excellent as are their Suites for 2 pianos. Even Ashkenazy's solo piano works are excellent. Ashkenazy rules Rachmaninoff! or at least almost rules. :-)
Yes, Ashkenazy is more taut but there's something about Previn's Symphony #1 and the Dances that is lacking in Ashkenazy's otherwise superb recordings.

Kal
Rites of Spring/stravinsky,Gergiev cond.
Symphony fantastic/berlioz, Gergiev
Symphony #5 /Shostakovitch w/ Davis or Jarvi Neema
Sibelius Symphonies with Vanska conducting also Beethoven with Vanska.
These are but a few of the excellent orchestral recording some are available in sacd format.
My favorite is the XRCD of Reiner conducting Bartok's "Concerto for Orchestra." Hard to beat for interpretation and sound.