Norah Jones?

Like probably many other A-Gon members I'm a sucker for great female voices. Of course being recorded well is a priority to feed my audiophile addiction. When I read threads recommending great female voices and recordings I rarely see anyone mentioning Norah Jones. I happen to think her music is excellent and very well recorded. I'm just wondering what the audiophile community thinks of her. With that said please keep the music tips coming. I have picked up alot of great cd's due to suggestions from this forum.
krelldog
I purchased "Come Away With Me", played this cd once and I can't play it anymore, TOO BORING. Seems like her voice never comes out.
Anyone see the spoof commercial done on Mad TV? Really pokes fun at the sameness of her tunes. FWIW I really like to unwind to her records--not serious listening material but sets the mood right on Friday after a long week. I happen to think the recording quality (I have the vinyl versions) is pretty darn good. Come Away With Me is better recorded than the new one, Feels Like Home. Pretty similar musically, however.
>>I rarely see anyone mentioning Norah Jones.
And right so!
She is completely overrated. Her singing is apalling pitchwise, her piano playing very poor. Well, the girl herself said in an interview that she cannot believe what people think is great in her. I perfectly agree.
Try Fiona Apple instead and you will find annother planet in female voices!
I disagree with those who find her boring. She is subtle. Her arrangements and piano ar first rate. The recording quality is only so-so. I notice in her video that she almost touches the microphone with her mouth. That may produce a certain fuzziness, which is my only complaint. Her duet with Ray Charles on the Grammy-winning album of the year is fantastic. To each his own. I'm also a big fan of Van Morrison, although his last two cds don't compare.
She's okay, but nothing special. Like this month's flavor I think she'll fade away. Pleasurable? Yes. Interesting? Absolutely. Artistic? Groundbreaker? A keeper? No way. But then again, there's nothing wrong with mere entertainment. I like plenty of lightweight groups/singer/ensembles/etc.