What do tube and music have in comon?

I've always wondered about why there's solid state and tube? So many people are into ss and so are them about tube. Maybe it's the music taste?
So here is the question. What kind of music do you really listen, beside all the chase for high end gears?
I do like my tube equipment when they sing all the classical music. Opera are great as well. Favorite composers would be Mahler, Shostakovich, Bruckner, Smetana, Bach.... and so on. Jazz sound fine as well, but not outstanding. Pop music doesn't sound good in the system.
linkoping
I'm in total agreement with all the above statements. I've owned some decent SS in my day, but since 1996 tubes have been my means for total enjoyment. 95% of my listening is too jazz. I beleive that most of the better recording from the 50s - late 1960s just had a sound that I find more true too the source & were just better recordings. Yes we have firms like Analogue Productions & Classic Records whom make some very beautiful recordings. I think in the end it all about what's truer to the person whom know what music should sound like. [ simple isn't it ?.]
I listen to almost everything. I prefer tube because most music is recorded badly and tubes smooth it out. The worst rcorded album of all time (The Grateful Dead's Shakedown Street) is at least passable in a tube amp.
Scottht? How do you know my system is suck :) I don't even list what I own... heheh
Well, I agree tubes are good, but depends on what tube equipments. Solid State are good as well, it just a matter of taste.
That's the reason I created this post to see what tube owners listen to vice verse solid state.
I do have some problem with pop/rock music since the system use very low output 300B. I do find pop/rock music sound better on my friends system (all my friends are into solid state).
and Scott, after reading all your other threads, I realize your system must be really worse than my... hehehee.. :)