Dead Can Dance's Into the Labyrinth

Anybody on this one? Just picked it up, after hearing Srajan, from 6moons, talking on Audio Asylum, about this cd he heard at the CES Show in Las Vegas. Actually, what I'm interested in is Dead Can Dance. Other cds. Background. Whatever. thanks in advance. peace, warren
128x128warrenh
I am going to see them at the Hollywood Bowl this sunday night!!!! (9/25). This is their first tour since "breaking up" and I was lucky enough to see them just before they broke up 9 years ago...

I will fill you in next week....I have ALWAYS been a big fan....

jtb
"The Show" has just announced a 180 gm. 3 disc set of the Dead Can Dance North American tour, more info can be found at http://www.dcddiscs.com/vinyl/ . It's limited to 300 sets,I believe...

All the best!
I can stand the price, particularly since Lisa Gerrard signs each copy but wonder if this live recording will be up to the standards of their previous releases. Any info on that Gordus?

Thank you for the link, I'm a big fan.
Hi Albert,

The only experience I have with this label is my purchase of two of the Euro tour CD's and they were both excellent, both as recordings and in thier custom packaging. I can only presume/expect that those standards will be met with the vinyl edition. I'll most definitely pick up two of the NA concerts in CD as well... Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Gordy
Funny to stumble upon this thread here...I used to listen to a lot of the 4AD bands when I was in high school in the 80s, and saw Dead Can Dance play at Berklee in Boston in 1990 (the same month as a Cocteau Twins show I also saw), around the time they were moving from their original, darker sound into more medieval- and classical-influenced territory. It was an interesting show (particularly their cover of Sinead O'Connor's then-hit "I Am Stretched on Your Grave," sung by Brendan rather than Lisa).

Just a minor correction/clarification for those interested: "This Mortal Coil" is not the title of a compilation album, but rather 4AD head honcho Ivo Watts-Russell's band/studio project--really just a loose collective of musicians connected to the 4AD label and other similar labels. Their first release was a 1983 12" titled "Song to the Siren" (a cover of the Tim Buckley song)--members of Cocteau Twins played on this one, but not DCD. "It'll End in Tears" was the LP released in 1984; "Filigree & Shadow" was a double LP released in 1986; and "Blood" was an LP from 1990, I think. After that I lost track with most things 4AD. Note that a lot of TMC's songs are, of course, covers--of Tim Buckley, Big Star (the third album), Colin Newman (formerly of the classic punk band Wire), Talking Heads, Gene Clark, Judy Collins, Van Morrisson, etc.

Joshua