van morrison's best sounding album?

a friend is a van idiot and insists i need to listen to more morrison. but when i ask her where to start she can't pick between any of his gazillion recordings. any ideas?
tda44
You can't go wrong with them all! I can only get into three male singer/songwriters and the first one on my list is Van the Man. The other two are Bruce Cockburn and Mark Knopfler (BTW, his new cd "Shangri-La" is great)
I've got a Blind Pig release CD, 'Live in Montreaux' that's not to be missed, great performance & sound quality, if you can find it. I'm a stone cold Van fan, & own 'em all. Don't forget about 'Sense of Wonder' or 'No Guru, no method, no teacher' either.

Not to be missed is Ray Charles & Van doing 'Crazy love' on "genius loves company" (2004), god rest his soul.
regarding the above post (if anyone is interested) the 'live in montreaux' was on Swingin Pig Records not Blind Pig records.
so far i've listened to "toO long in exile". love lonely avenue. what album is "caravan" on? that totally smokes on the last waltz dvd. it sure is funny to watch that lovable gnome kick up his stubby legs towards the end of that song. what's up his his outfit? thankfully his musical taste far exceeds his fashion sense.