How do you fix an ''out of print'' scratched CD ?

I don't know how it could of happened but one of my favorite CD's is skipping and from the looks of it has a scratch on it !!!! No, it's not the equipment...but is there any after market stuff that could fix this ????? This is out of print and I really like this disc.....''The Best of the Band'' .....on Capital.
garebear
Go to best buy or similar and buy a disc cleaning/scratch removing kit. They help.
Otherwise, very fine polishing compounds like jewelers rouge (I thinks that's how to spell rouge?). Very fine polishing compound for cars will work great too. Keep in mind to rub from the center hole to the edge only-no circular motion and don't clean like you would a record by spinning it.
LAT International C Diamond has cured this on some discs. About $12 and if it doesn't cure it you can use it for its original use of enhancing reproduction by stopping laser scatter.
Check out the link below for a company that makes several plastic polishes and a cleaner.

http://www.noscratch.com/novus/index.shtml

I used this product to remove some scratches on my car's lexan headlight covers. It works great and I'll bet it will do the job on a CD.