Japanese CD's

I have been very impressed with the fidelity of Japanese pressed redbook CD's. Is there a difference between those that are sold as just imports and those that are sold as "mini LP's"? Which type has the OBI strips, or do both?
fatparrot
Wazzup All!

When CD's were introduced I was able to find many Japanese imports at Tower Records in NYC. From labels like Canyon and Electric Bird featuring a lot of the NYC session aces. I've got 2 Bob Mintzer CD's featuring the Brecker Bros. and Jaco Pastorious that pre-date his 1st DMP Big Band release. I've got 2 by pianist Jorge Dalto feat. George Benson. I remember reading something in Billboard about restrictions regarding imported CD's and soon afterwards the well dried up at Tower. Anybody else have releases from these labels?, let's trade!
Hey Y'all,

Tok20000 turned me on to the Japanese pressing of "The Hunter" by Jennifer Warnes. It is much better then the US pressing and I found it on Ebay for about $15 shipped. I'm sure, if you know exactly what you are looking for, you could find the recordings y'all have mentioned, on Ebay. Of course, you will have to be careful, I've had my share of problems and dissapointments on Ebay........John
Red Trumpet has a large selection of Japanese mini-LP Sleeve CDs and other Japanese pressed CDs, and they are regularly importing them on a direct basis.
http://www.redtrumpet.com/minilp_store/