White Stripes...

Recently went shopping in Banana Republic and was impressed by music inside the store...
Anyone would recommend a starting album to listen to?
I kind-of liked the mixture of influences they have:
some of Led Zeppelin, some of T-Rex and even Talking Heads.
128x128marakanetz
Jack White was a drummer in a band, also out of Detriot that toured extensively in the midwest called "Goober and The Peas" "the collective works of" ~Detriot Municipal records~ was their first album and IMO, their best work. lucking enough to have a full length vinyl 45 rpm/and CD

Any of the 3 disc's -X-mas with G&TP,Jet Age Sound of...goes for big $$ on Ebay because of the Jack White connection.
I beleive there were the first band that was coined Cow Punk.
Cow-Punk = Tex and the Horseheads ( sounds like a cross between "hillbilly rock" and "punk", doesn't it??? )

Horseheads = heroin junkies ( kinda deceiving, huh??? )

Jack White = good old fashioned garage rock that draws upon tons of various influences. These influences are put together in a fashion that makes it Jack's own style with a simple yet catchy and rhythmic beat. Gotta luv it... Sean
>
personally i really enjoy the album "de stijl" some great songs. I agree that white blood cells and elephant are also great albums. I have them all on vinyl and they are probably the band i listen to most. After white stripes my heavy rotation includes the new 200gram Classic records reissues of the led zep albums also a great choice.
If you like that type of music, you might try
Screaming Trees
"Sweet Oblivion" or "Dust"
IMHO, the most honest rock foursome since Led
Zeppelin.

Howard